- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages or download information, our web site’s operating system will automatically record some general, non-personal information about your visit.
- If you voluntary submit personal information via a form on our web site (such as our comment form or e-newsletter sign-up form), or if you contact us via e-mail, we will use that information only for its expressed purpose.
Non-personal Information We Record:
During your visit, our web operating system will record:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as “xcompany.com” or “xcompany.net” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain and IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our site
- The type and version of browser (such as “Firefox version X” or “Internet Explorer version X”) that you use and the type of operating system you use (such as Macintosh, Unix or Windows)
- The date and time you visit our site, and the web pages that you visit on our site
- The pages you visit
- The address of the previous web site you were visiting, if you linked to us from another web site
We use this information for statistical analysis to help us make our site more useful to visitors. This information is only used internally, does not record information about individuals and will only be used for internal management purposes.
Information Collected from Interactive Forms:
On some of our web pages, we offer interactive forms that let you voluntarily submit personal information (such as your e-mail address, name, or organization). This occurs when you subscribe to our eNewsletter or submit a comment form. In those cases, all submitted information is used only for the expressed purposes for which it is intended and is not made available to any third party.
Information from E-mail You Send to Us:
If you decide to send us an electronic mail message (e-mail), the message will usually contain your return e-mail address. If you include personally-identifying information in your e-mail because you want us to address issues specific to your situation, we may use that information in responding to your request. We do NOT distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any parties outside of the Bay Backpack.
On certain Bay Backpack web pages, we use “cookies” to help you use dynamic, interactive features of our web site. A cookie is a small file that a web site transfers to your computer’s hard disk, usually to keep track of you while you are connected to that site.
The cookies on Bay Backpack web pages do not collect personal information about you, but they collect information about your browser “session.” The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of these web pages without having to provide the same information again as you move from one page to another.
Links to Other Sites:
The Bay Backpack has many links to external web sites. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not apply to any external sites we reference. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any site you link to from ours, especially if you share any personal information. Except as required by law, we do not share our e-mail with any other outside organizations.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please send your response on our contact page.